Sunday, August 14, 2011

Before the Morning

This week, I officially left for college. I admit, the goodbyes were soo much harder than I expected they would be. I hated the choices I had to make, but I knew what God was leading me to do. And I decided earlier this summer that I would go into college open-minded, blindly trusting God that he'd light the path for my footsteps as long as I'd follow his direction.


One of the hardest things about following God is that once you decide to do it, our natural response is to expect good things to come. I mean, God promises good things, right? Of course he does, but he doesn't promise that the path of them will be easy, just worth it. My pastor Mike Mentor (restonbible.org) explained it like this in a sermon that stuck to me. Daniel followed God, and he ended up in a lion's den. Paul followed God and he ended up in jail, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego followed God and ended up in a fiery furnace. But they all had happy endings, and all trusted that God would pull them through no matter what.


We have to have the mindset daily that following God will not always be easy, because as soon as we put our full trust in the Lord there Satan is trying to find ways to bring us down. We will be brought down, but not destroyed. If God is for us then no one can stand against. 


Going into this first year of college will be so different. It's my second day here and I've already been tested multiple times, but I choose to follow God now when it's hard. I can stand the pain in the night if joy comes in the morning! Our God is faithful and good<3





"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (my most useful verse going into college so far!)

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this, Kelly. glad to see you're striving to stay strong & follow the Lord. keep writing & i'll keep reading. I love you & miss you!

    ReplyDelete