Tuesday, August 2, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons

There's no escaping the hard times life sometimes hands us. It's even harder when you know that the times ahead will be hard. For me right now, it's heading off to college. I have so many thoughts running through my head all the time! I leave in exactly 10 days and I'm not nervous at all, I'm actually really excited. I feel ready. But for some reason, my thoughts and emotions have just been all over the place. It made me wonder what on earth it's like for the people that are nervous?! When my dad suggested it was anxiety, I diagnosed myself- yes, in fact, I probably did have anxiety.


Though I'm not nervous, I'm very aware of what will happen before I start college- the goodbyes. Goodbyes are some of the hardest thing we are called to face. I know the goodbyes are necessary and that all things will work out okay. Yet, I'm still anxious about leaving the people I love and diving headfirst into a city of strangers 8 hours away. Not nervous, just anxious.




"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,"says the LORD, who has compassion on you. -Isaiah 54:10 (NIV)


I found this verse in Isaiah and was immediately drawn to it. In this verse, what the Lord speaks of is moved, changed, turned around. With every goodbye in our life we come to a turn in our path, heading in a new direction. God talks of how with these turns, or "lemons" life throws us, earthly things are moved around. But he follows that statement by saying that His unfailing love will not be shaken. As humans, it's hard for us to blindly believe in something we don't know for sure. According to worldly accounts, how can we know for sure if we will be okay? God answers it for us- those who trust in him will ALWAYS be okay. Therefore, today I'm trusting him with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment